Friday, September 18, 2009

the people

It's my second time at Cambridge/CfEL, and I keep being amazed at the people attracted.
We've had people from all over the world - from Australia and Malaysia, to Colorado and Ontario, and we've never had a single "culture clash", because we are actually all like-minded.

We all came from different background - be that education, or engineering, or sociology or whatever else, but we are sharing one "brain wavelength", and our cultural and personal backgrounds are in fact beneficiary for the whole team, because we can assess the same problem from completely different angles.
And working with like-minded people is the most rewarding experience one can ever have - I'm judging this not only by my CfEL experience, but by my previous academic and professional experience. But it's truly amazing how you can get a team of people of different ages, backgrounds, cultures sharing similar values. I don't really know how the selection process for the programme was organized, but the results are just fantastic.

Now that the residential session is over I'm a little bit worried how the online thing is going to work out for us, because emotions are an absolutely vital part of it right now, and online emotions get lost or distorted. But hopefully it's going to work, and I'll keep you all posted.

And I'll probably do a more practical and detailed account of the whole residential session. (during my flight to Kiev I guess)

No comments:

Post a Comment